The Centre for Nursing Studies
The Centre for Nursing Studies (CNS) is one of Canada’s leading institutions in nursing education. The Centre provides high quality nursing education in a constantly changing health care system. The Centre prepares caring, skilled and knowledgeable nurses responsive to the needs of patients, employers and partners. Based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, with a highly qualified and experienced nursing faculty and staff, the mandate of the Centre for Nursing Studies is to deliver excellent and relevant nursing education to students at home and beyond our shores.
The Centre for Nursing Studies offers the continuum of nursing education programs:
- Four-semester practical nursing program
- Baccalaureate nursing program in collaboration with Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bridging programs
- Re-entry nursing programs
- Continuing Education programs
In addition to programs offered in the classroom at our St. John’s campus and online, programs are also brokered to regional colleges charged with identifying and meeting the educational and training needs of rural communities in Newfoundland and Labrador, across Canada, and around the world.
OUR DELIVERY MODELS ARE DRIVEN BY COMMUNITY NEEDS.
TAILORED AND FLEXIBLE EDUCATION
CNS has a long history in distance education and utilizes the most appropriate Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) to deliver education to rural areas. Our innovative models deliver cost-effective, high-quality training to traditionally under-served learners.
Adapted to local considerations, curriculums are designed and delivered to provide education to learners who might otherwise be unable to attend or succeed using a traditional teaching approach.
- At the CNSi we work to ensure sustainability of project results through institutional capacity building with local partners.
- We make positive contributions in the developing world by responding appropriately to real needs.